Both the American Dental Association (ADA) and Dr. James DeFinnis recommend regular dental visits to maintain proper and optimum oral health. This includes regular dental cleanings and check-ups. But dental care doesn’t stop there. Today, teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look and help improve self-esteem and confidence
Your Dental Exam
When you arrive at Back Mountain Dental for your regular dental cleaning, we will discuss and learn what your objectives and goals are.
We will then give you a full exam that includes:
- dental X-rays
- a complete review of your overall health and oral hygiene
- a check of your gums for any signs of periodontal disease
- examination of all tooth surfaces for any plaque or decay
After a comprehensive exam, a dental cleaning will include:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is attached to the tooth’s surface. It can only be removed with special dental instruments
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth and can prove to be harmful
- Teeth polishing and flossing: Flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot easily reach
Tooth whitening (or bleaching) is a simple, non-invasive dental treatment used to change the color of natural tooth enamel and is an ideal way to enhance the beauty of your smile.
Your teeth may have become dull and stained for a variety of situations:
- As the result of specific food or drinks (blueberries, coffee, wine, etc.)
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer.
- Medications such as tetracycline, etc.
Deep Bleaching at Back Mountain Dental
If you were not born with naturally white teeth or your teeth are stained or slightly discolored, there are several options for getting a pearly white smile.
Deep Bleaching™ is an ideal method for patients who were previously unable to have their teeth whitened because of sensitivity or have bleach-resistant teeth; they can now get whiter teeth.
Deep Bleaching is the only recognized technique to effectively whiten tetracycline-stained teeth in a short time.
This process requires two appointments following the consultation.
- The first session starts with an in-office bleaching. However, don’t expect a tremendous color change yet after this session. This will simply condition your teeth so that it will be able to absorb oxygen more readily from the bleach in your at-home bleaching trays.
- The at-home trays are then worn for 14 consecutive nights.
- The final Deep Bleaching will be performed in our office by our highly trained staff.
If you live in the Kingston, Lewisburg, Dallas, Scranton, Pittston, or neighboring communities, and it’s time for your regular dental cleaning or if you need an award winning dentist with plenty of experience in teeth whitening procedures, contact our dental office in Shavertown, Pennsylvania at Back Mountain Dental. As a member of the American Dental Association, you can count on Dr. James DeFinnis to provide excellent care and attention to every patient.